A Very Ombre Birthday

Monday, April 15, 2013
Hello! I hope you all had a great weekend!
So this week, I had an assignment to make goodies and cakes for a princess themed party.
That included a two-tiered cake, 4 cakes, 60 cupcakes, 230 mini cupcakes.

Have a look at these pretty things!


Specially made for 9 year old Asha.


The top tier. :) 
Ruffles ruffles ruffles!

I also had a request for the cake to be "elegant" and yet princess-y.
My thoughts on elegant? Something classy, and of course, shiny!
I got to use my luster dust for the first time! Have a look at the before and after photos!
A little dust goes a long way!


Before


After

After the bottom tier was done, it was time for the ruffles!
It was tiring but I'm glad how it turned out!



The two tiered cake took me 7 hours to finish. Of course, I was watching several *cough* three *cough* movies as well since I did the cake overnight, I needed some company to keep me awake. I was happy with the results, though. :)


That's an ombre cake for the gift packs.


And it was cut into fours.


Ta-da! Pretty, right?
Fits a princess perfectly! ;)

Also, I took the initiative to buy a can of silver spray paint for the dowels. 
The dowels are the pillars that holds the second cake.
If you noticed, it's silver in colour! It shines, like the luster dust I used!
Of course, I spray painted the dowels, washed and dried them first before sticking them into the cake.
Pretty and elegant, isn't it? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Enchantress' Cauldron. Powered by Blogger.

Contact Us

Mobile / WhatsApp;
017-8037885

Twitter / Instagram ;
@TECauldron

E-Mail ;
TECauldron@hotmail.com

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts

 

© 2010 The Enchantress' Cauldron,