Orang Ulu Baby Carrier Cake

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

So, what do you think? :D
It took me 4 hours to make this cake.

YES, THIS IS A CAKE.

1. Cutting/carving the cake
2. Filling the cake
3. Coating the cake with jam
4. Covering the cake with fondant.
5. Piping the details
6. Moulding the details (handle)
7. Finishing touches

A customer requested me to make this cake after many bakeries have rejected her. It is tedious work, but I do like a challenge, so why not? :)

Here's the photo she gave me:


Say hello to the step-by-step(kinda) decorating stages...

Starting with the middle. I worked on the right first and then try to symmetrically match the design on the left side of the cake. (which is red velvet cake, by the way)

White - done!

Yellow is next! 

Then orange...

And red~

TADA!!

When my mother saw it in the morning, she asked "When did you have time to add all the beads?"
And with my lack-of-sleep voice and attention span, "What beads?"
And that's when she went all ballistic with all the details and real-ness of the texture and cake itself. My dad reacted the same way. Tete was all smiles and my sister went "Oh my gosh!". 

I have fans and customers saying "That's a cake?" or "I thought you went from cake business to baby carrier making business", which I find hilarious and flattering at the same time! :)

Alrighty then, what was your first reaction when you saw it? :)

Love,
The Enchantress

2 comments:

Kimberly at: March 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM said...

Do you do wedding cakes? I want a 3-tier stacked fondant cake. What's your starting price? Prefer fondant/sugar/gumpaste flowers instead of real flowers (pesticide issue). Let me know kim.dst@live.com

Kimberly at: March 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM said...

By the way I like your findant work. Neat and fondant doesn't appear dry or cracked. Have seen too many disaster wedding cakes

Post a Comment

 
The Enchantress' Cauldron. Powered by Blogger.

Contact Us

Mobile / WhatsApp;
017-8037885

Twitter / Instagram ;
@TECauldron

E-Mail ;
TECauldron@hotmail.com

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts

 

© 2010 The Enchantress' Cauldron,