Pretty Pink Petals

Monday, March 18, 2013
Good morning dearies! How was your weekend? Hopefully it was well spent because I know mine was!
On this fine Monday, I would like to introduce our Pink Zinnia Ombre Petal Cake! This pretty thing will be under a new section from our cake menu under "Petal Collection". This is the first cake in the collection and we hope you love it! We're gonna do more of these petal and ombre cakes! Order up, okay? I am just dying to pipe out these beautiful edible flowers!


And as you know, I always have a story for each entry, and this time won't be any different.
Right, so I woke up early on a Saturday morning to fill and crumb coat this pretty little thing. On the menu we say it's vanilla but this time, I changed to cake to red velvet to fit a certain special occasion!

One of my mom's closest friends turns 50 on Saturday and she had a birthday lunch on the day. What would a birthday be without cake, right? My mum and her best friend decided to give her a cake, but to my horror, they opted a Secret Recipe cake. Not on my watch! 

So when mum suggested I do a red velvet cake with the normal rosettes, I begged to differ. 
Since I was giving away a free cake, might as well make it one of a kind, right? And it was also a good opportunity to show to you my skills in piping and ability to create a beautiful pastel cake! It's been a while since anyone wanted me to create a new custom cake. My fingers were itching to play around with all the different types of swirls! Right now I'm waiting for perhaps one of my cousin's birthdays or some anniversary or really any celebration because I have a new cake idea in mind. No, I can't make them for fun or for anyone in the household. I think my family's pretty much bored of my cakes. No one would eat them if I made them for the house! :P

Anyhoo, enjoy the rest of the pictures! I also had leftover frosting and cupcakes. So, why not, right? I have a cake version and a cupcake version of baby pink zinnias. I only decided they were zinnias after I finished piping. Honestly, I just had this great idea (I think all my ideas are great, until they fail miserably), picked out one of my trusty nozzles and just piped away! I really didn't know what I was doing with my cream and piping bag until it came out pretty and I decided to just go with it! (What a confession!)




Oh, and the 6 cupcakes you see above was given to my sister's friend. I had just finished piping them before sending my sister off to her friend's birthday party. Just the perfect present, right? And my sister's friend uttered in her ear, "Your present was the best!".

Aww, you see? Cupcakes do make birthdays special!

So what do you think of our #1 cake in out new Petal Collection?
Does it resemble a zinnia flower to you? If not, what flower does it resemble? :)

And a shoutout goes to my mum's friend:
Happy 50th Birthday, Aunty Ken!
Wishing you a birthday filled with sweet moments and wonderful memories to cherish always!

Have a happy Monday dearies! Drop by our mini outlet at Shell Jalan Wan Alwi for your cupcake fix to combat those blues! Much love from me! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Enchantress' Cauldron. Powered by Blogger.

Contact Us

Mobile / WhatsApp;
017-8037885

Twitter / Instagram ;
@TECauldron

E-Mail ;
TECauldron@hotmail.com

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts

 

© 2010 The Enchantress' Cauldron,