Pocky Cake - Cappuccino

Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Drooling yet? 



I know I was when I made this cake! Imagine this:

Chocolate cake, cappuccino cream, Pocky sticks and Milo cereal on top!

Honestly I wanted to make a strawberry pocky cake, but then again I was making this for one of my grandfathers (My grandfather's sister's husband - did you get that?)

So, what would a group of senior citizens and grandchildren love?

Coffee and snacks!! 

As you know, grandparents are not a big fan of sweets. I originally wanted to make the Kit Kat cake, but then again, that's also too sweet for them as well. So, biscuits and cereal anyone? Something both generations can agree on, right?

I remember when I was a kid, we would have tea time (or what Malaysians would call minum petang) and my grandparents would enjoy their cup of coffee or tea while I would munch on some biscuits that were made by my lovely grandmother, or some Hup Seng cream crackers or even cereal (yes, in the evening). Did anyone else have the same childhood as I did?

Have a look at the behind-the-scenes and step-by-step pictures I have for you below:


Cappuccino Cream!! It smells HEAVENLY!
  

Crumb coat it, frost it, and pipe a generous layer of cappuccino cream on top!
You see, the cake and Milo are chocolate, and the biscuit stick and cream and cappuccino flavoured. Can anyone say, Mocha? (Chocolate + Coffee)


Tada!! And just when you think that the cake is already pretty as it is...


...a hundred grams of Milo is all it takes to cover that lovely layer of cappuccino cream!

Below are some pictures from the party.
Not much, since I was mostly helping out in the kitchen and cutting the cake into small (square) pieces to be distributed evenly among the guests. Of course I cut a few pieces in a triangular manner for the birthday grandpa, his immediate family, and the rest were square little cakes with 2 or 3 biscuit sticks on each slice. Oh there were plenty of cake to go around because one of my grandpa's nieces sponsored another cake. But THESE were a bigger hit! I have children (and adults alike) coming into the kitchen, talking to me (distracting me) while they sneak their fingers around the cake to steal one of the biscuit sticks or Milo cereal and then runs away to go nibble on them! No, I wasn't bothered at all. I was flattered, really. It shows how interested they were in the cake I made. :)

P.S. Compliments were passed along and the cake was one of the "hot topics" that night! Some even asked for seconds!!

However, I didn't get the opportunity to taste it myself since the cake finished before I could get my hands on it. Really.

But anyhoo, I'll probably make more of these in the future since I have customers and friends asking me for the price. Thank you and enjoy the pictures!!





And this is my sister, the "cake bearer" while all the grandchildren walked up to him and sang
Happy Birthday!


As for the candle, he wouldn't reveal his age (being the fun and mysterious grandpa), we decided to go with just one.

I hope everyone enjoyed the cake!

Love,
The Enchantress

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Enchantress' Cauldron. Powered by Blogger.

Contact Us

Mobile / WhatsApp;
017-8037885

Twitter / Instagram ;
@TECauldron

E-Mail ;
TECauldron@hotmail.com

Flag Counter

Total Pageviews

Followers

Popular Posts

 

© 2010 The Enchantress' Cauldron,